Welcome to the Eta Tau Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi! Please see the “News” link for up-to-date posts about our chapter and the “Schedule” link for our Fall 2016 semester schedule. Keep reading for information about the organization, our chapter, its purpose, and our beloved emblem.
ABOUT BETA ALPHA PSI
Founded in 1919, Beta Alpha Psi is an honorary organization for financial information students and professionals. There are over 300 chapters on college and university campuses with over 300,000 members initiated since Beta Alpha Psi’s formation.
The primary objective of Beta Alpha Psi is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field.
- promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems,
- providing opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals,
- and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
ABOUT OUR CHAPTER
Since the FAU Eta Tau Chapter’s inception in 1990, we have provided professional insight and contacts to top financial information students. Our members have access to recruiters at the most prestigious global, national, regional, and local public accounting firms.
In addition to fostering professional networks, we create a community for our members with a culture of service. We take pride in our contributions to numerous charitable causes. Each semester, members of the Eta Tau Chapter will work with charities/causes in Broward and Palm Beach county to give back to our members’ own communities. These causes include Habitat for Humanity, Boca Helping Hands, the Sawgrass Nature Center, and the City of Deerfield Beach.
We invite you to join us at our weekly meetings or volunteer events and get to know Beta Alpha Psi. We welcome new members, candidates and visitors to our well-respected organization, and we look forward to meeting you!
- Connect with the FAU School of Accounting.
- Participate in professional development and community service events throughout your academic career
- Develop relationships with other accounting students
- Access opportunities that promote leadership and growth
- Attend regional and national Beta Alpha Psi meetings
- Receive advice on interviewing and resume improvement
- Network with current public accounting professionals
- Learn about the work environment of public accounting
The emblem of Beta Alpha Psi denotes the promise of careers for financial information professionals. The rising sun signifies these professional positions as rising ever higher among economic activities. The crossed keys symbolize knowledge as a means of opening the doors of the financial world. The letters Beta, Alpha, and Psi denote scholarship, social responsibility, and practicality, respectively.
Click the emblem for a link to the Beta Alpha Psi organizational website.